Date of Birth: December 15, 1971
Turned Professional: 1993
Current tour: European Tour, Asian Tour.
Professional wins: 20, including four on the European Tour.
Best results in Major Championships:
- Masters Tournament – tied 25 in 2008
- US Open – tied 36th in 2007
- The Open Championship - tied 69th in 2012
- PGA Championship – tied 9th in 2008
Achievements and awards:
- Padma Shri 2007
- Asian Tour Order of Merit titles in 2006 and 2008
- Asia Pacific Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012
The first Indian to qualify for the European Tour, the first Indian to play in all four Majors, the first Indian to win the Asian Tour Order of title twice, the first Indian to earn over $1 million in a single calendar year on the Asian Tour, Jeev Milkha Singh is easily the biggest star of Indian golf.
In recognition of his achievements was honoured with the Asia Pacific Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012 alongside 18-time major champion Jack Nicklaus and eight-time European Tour Order of Merit winner Colin Montgomerie.
His achievements on the fairways include 20 titles worldwide, with four on the European Tour, in a glittering professional career spanning over two decades.